Sunday, April 12, 2009

camp/easter

Been away on camp for a week with the local schools workers and their young people. some of whom are my young people to which is nice.
I took the cafe to it which worked really well as a suppertime activerty I was very. I took loads of games and the wii for the young people to do while they where hanging around in the evening.
I ran baking workshops through the day and then used what we made as the supper food which also worked really well.

the camp itself was great it was wounderful to work with so many gifted youth workers and young people. and it was really really nice to be around people my own age for a while.

did cafe yesterday which was amusing since I was completly out of it soooo tired. i was a completely useless youth worker but the young people understood and so did the volunteers who where fantastic at helping get everything set up.

another amusing thing was that i ended up baby sitting at a friends last min last night the kids where all in bed so it just involved lieing on the couch and watching TV. i haven't babysat for years and years which was what amused me.

today was the easter service being easter sunday that would make sence really. it was a really great service some wounderful symbolisum and great celibration music. Reminds us of how good we have it with God in our lives.

I went out for lunch and am now just hanging around thinking about doing some cleaning.

No comments: